Sunday, 20 January 2008

Block colour, detail and a token guy

I love the way the girl on the right has vamped up a simple jeans and tea combo with the use of next season’s block colour. The girl in the middle is refusing to let winter get to her, even if the sun refuses to shine with her sunshine yellow winter coat and purple flats. The girl on the left has changed the way we look at office wear with a flash of bright orange contrasted with the more traditional black.

This next group of outfits shows how one simple change or detail can transform an outfit from distinctly average to outstanding with no added effort. The girl on the right has played it safe in black and cream but the bubble hemline of her skirt and the cropped blazer add interest to an otherwise plain ensemble. The girl in the middle shows how little it takes to transform a simple white shift dress into something exceptional, just a few gold buttons and some on trend shoe boots. The girl on the left also plays it safe with her colour scheme but the detail of her jacket says it all.

This guy couldn’t get away with not being featured wearing leggings and wellies! He reminds me of someone who I work with who regularly turns up at the office in wellies and wear them to take clients out to lunch…I wish I had the guts to do that!

Thanks for sticking with me over the last few months of very scarce posts, it's all set to change now. Check back in the next few days for an update on my life in Paris. I'm going to be giving away a little bit about my new job, the possibility of meeting Thierry Henry and a snapshot of my new neighbourhood!

4 comments:

Isa said...

lovely choices, especially love the excentricity of that guy.
I think I´d fall for him instantly just for wearing wellies instead of some mainstream "cool" shoes. ;)

btw: I linked back to you and am looking forward to seeing and reading more!

xx, isa

Diana @ So Fash'on said...

lovely looks! I just posted my spring/summer 2008 collection. Maybe you have time to take a look and tell me what you think?

I want big hair said...

i love the guy!!
xxx

Baby Jess said...

love the outfits!