Tuesday, 28 August 2007

Tomatina

I was chilling out on the beach yesterday, for the first time, and along came a girl handing out flyers, I thought it would be for one of the clubs on the port but no, it was for a Spanish festival called Tomatina. What the hell is that you may be thinking…all will become clear in due course!


Basically it’s a huge 2 hour long tomato fight that takes place in Buñol near Valencia every year on the last Wednesday in August! Over 30,000 people take part!

The flyer that I got was for a trip from Barcelona which included Sangria, a bus to Valencia, the tomato fight, public showers afterwards, then free time to explore Valencia before heading back to Barcelona. The only rules were to wear something white and crush the tomatoes before throwing them!

Unfortunately I’m working on Wednesday so won’t be able to go but I’ve included some pictures of last years event to give you an idea.

2 comments:

Ana said...

thats amazingly cool

Diana @ So Fash'on said...

looks like so much fun!
I don't know if you noticed, but I moved from dianabobar.wordpress.com to www.sofashon.com, and I would be happy if you could change the link on your blog! Thank you so much for taking the time.
Hugs and kisses, Diana